Natural Medicine for Menopause and Beyond
Combining the best of traditional medicine, alternative therapies, and the latest research, we offer women a new, holistic approach to menopause and aging that can dramatically extend and enrich the postmenopausal years. Included in this groundbreaking new guide is:
- Advice on reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, breast cancer, osteoporosis, and diabetes
- How to cope with the common conditions of menopause and aging with self-care natural therapies
- An A - Z guide to natural remedies
- Ways to replace dwindling hormones without using prescription hormones, such as estrogen replacement therapy
- How to enjoy sexuality beyond menopause
- And much more!
The perfect complement to conventional care, The Mend Clinic Guide to Natural Medicine for Menopause and Beyond invites you to rethink menopause and aging by distilling the facts from the myths--and offering women an updated, comprehensive approach to this special stage of life.
From Library Journal:
“Those desiring alternatives to standard hormone replacement therapy (HRT) during menopause will find useful information … [the authors] focus on menopause as a natural process and on the alleviation of menopausal discomfort through healthy living, especially diet. [They] explain menopausal symptoms, current HRT treatment and side effects, the importance of particular hormones, and the use of plant hormones instead of synthesized drugs… discuss in varying detail hormones and their relationship to breast cancer, heart disease, and osteoporosis. [this book] usefully covers a variety of alternative therapies for menopause, including herbal therapy, aromatherapy, homeopathy, mind-body therapies, massage, acupressure, and relaxation techniques.”
My co-author Paula Maas is an M.D., with the prestigious MEND Clinic and Susan Brown is a nutritionist and anthropologist.